Monday, September 7, 2015

Simon Says Stamp 2015 September Stamp Set

I hope you had a great Labor Day (Labour Day for those in the great white north!).  This weekend, I watched a video by Laurel Beard  and was inspired to try the alcohol ink method she discussed based on a video from Gina K.  I used the Simple Simon Says September stamp set for the first two cards.
 Above,  I did the angled vertical stripes.  On the card below, I tried to create a plaid using blue, red, and purple.

Next, I found a leaf stamp and did a card using purple, and orange.  The intersections created a really neat brown tone. I also did an inlaid die-cutting technique I learned from a Catherine Pooler video and used a very small acorn stamp for accents.


Then I wanted to use the SSS stamp set a bit more and created the two below birthday cards using the Balloon dies from SSS and the current stamp set.  The first one was done on water color paper.


This next card was created using Versamagic pigment inks (first time using them and I was pleasantly surprised at the coverage on the solid clear stamp).


I realize I need to work on my emblellishments but I had a lot of fun making these card.
Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment