Monday, August 3, 2015

The Ton Simple Florals and Sentiment Shaker Card

Good afternoon to all.

Shaker cards.  You love them or hate them.  Combined with these gorgeous watercolor floral cards that I see, I realized I have a steep learning curve to get to the level of my favorite card designers. So, as an intermediary step while learning to watercolor, I experimented with 'smooshing' the color onto Tim Holtz Ranger Watercolor Paper and let the cardstock dry.  I then selected a few stamps from The Ton's Simple Florals set, stamped using Versamark Clear and embossed using SSS Ultra Fine White Embossing Powder.  After drying, I used the dies from The Ton for the stamp set and cut them out.  I felt like a star and consequently cut one out of a piece of Stampin' Up Crisp Canteloupe cardstock.  I stamped and embossed a sentiment from the awesome Friggin' Fabulous stamp set and finished the card with seed beads and some uber cool flowers and leaves.



I hope you enjoy.
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment