Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Happy Birthday Sizzix Flourish Set

Good day to you.  I hope you are doing well.  Last evening, I needed to create a quick birthday card.  I recently acquired the Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folder with Stamp - Flourish Set and wanted to use it for the first time after being inspired by a Catherine Pooler video (love her videos!).  Using y Misti, I took out the foam and inserted the background stamp.  For the first card, I used Ranger Watercolor cardstock.  I used various Distress Ink colors randomly on the stamp and lightly sprayed the stamp with water and pressed it into the watercolor paper.  I thought the results were beautiful.

I repeated the process using regular Darice 110 lb Note paper.  This was beautiful also.  I embossed both pieces using the included embossing folder through my Sizzix Big Shot.  I trimmed a piece of vellum and stamped it using the Happy Birthday script stamp from Lawn Fawn with Versamark and then applied SSS White ultrafine Embossing Powder.   For the other card, I then cut out a Happy Birthday using the Elizabeth Craft Die set and black glitter paper.  I used a Distress Inkpad and colored the edges of the card stock and mounted the completed embossed piece.  I finished off with a couple strands of embroidery thread.  I hope you like the finished pieces.  I tried to keep the cards simple due to all the colors of the background.



Have a great day.
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment