Friday, August 21, 2015

Honey Goes North! A composition in white.

Greeting fellow crafty friends.  Today, I present to you my latest brainstorm- "Honey goes north!".

Using The Elizabeth Craft Design (ECD) die Ring Accordion, I cut four rings.  I cut out the center from two and set them aside.  I then glued the second ring to the first to create a more stable ring.  I attached the two rings together.  Since this was a white on white challenge to myself, I needed to focus on textures and embellishments to help me.  I used Stickles in Icicle on the rings and let that dry(I hope this is not cheating since there is a slight pinkish tinge to the Stickles).  Using the ECD  All Seasons Tree snowflakes, I cut out many snowflakes.  Once the Stickles was dry, I glued the snowflakes on the ring for a wintery frame.

Next, I wanted to find the perfect white buddy for the card.  North, white, a fox maybe?  No, a polar bear!  I used the Honey the Bear die from ECD and cut him out in white.  I used a bit of Wink of Stella on the body for a highlight and to deal with the eyes, I cut out a pair of glasses from the Props 1 set using white glitter paper.  I cut another pair in regular white cardstock and covered the lenses with Glossy Accents.  Once all was dry, I assembled Honey the White and had him hold a snowflake that I cut out using the ECD Snowflakes set.

Now I took the two leftover circles and embossed them with a snowflake embossing folder from Crafter's Companion.  I glued the circles on the card and added Honey on the left side.  Lastly, I die cut Season's Greetings three times (once in Glitter White and twice in white cardstock) and glue them together for depth and mounted the sentiment on the right circle.  I attached the inner circles together and the card was completed.  I hope you enjoy it.

The closed card.


The open card.



Have a great day and keep on crafting.

1 comment: