Sunday, May 24, 2015

Ocean Breezes

A Memorial Day weekend greeting to all.  May we salute those who sacrificed their lives for our freedom.

Today I wanted to create a card using the new Impression Obsessions Mini Nautical Die Set.  I used some washi tape to create lines on a card blank and used Ranger Distress Ink Mermaid to cover the exposed area.  I then used the Anchor and Ship's Wheel dies and cut out 9 of each.  I removed the washi tape and then attached the die cuts to the card over the Mermaid Blue areas.

I used a Sizzix Scalloped Oval Edge die and die cut two pieces, one in white and one in blue that coordinated with the Ranger Distressed ink.  I created the background using a watercolor brush and Ranger Distressed inks.  While that dried, I die cut a light house and three dolphins from the die set.  I used Wink of Stella to color them and attached them to the scalloped oval.  I then attached all to the card and created an Ahoy greeting on vellum and embossed it.  Hope you enjoy.  Here is the link to Impression Obsessions.  http://www.iostamps.com/ 


Have a safe and wonderful weekend!
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment